Friday, December 4, 2009

loose tooth!!

I found out tonight that we are about to enter another phase of parenting - Tooth Fairy!

I almost never brush Scott's teeth any more, but he asked me to tonight and I discovered that one of his bottom teeth is loose. He had no idea. I guess he just didn't know what to expect. But when I said something, he was thrilled! Several kids in his class have lost teeth, and he is just waiting to be added to the chart.

I hear rumors that the Tooth Fairy gives $20 for the first lost tooth - yikes!! That translates to $60 for our family over six years. If you set the bar so high for tooth #1, what will you give for the rest of the teeth? Let's see...20 baby teeth at $20 per tooth times 3 kids = $1200.

We have decided to go the "gold route," i.e. the gold $1 coins that you can get at the bank. They are so special and cool looking and are certainly within our budget. I checked with Derrick tonight to make sure we had some. After all, I expect that Scott will be working on that tooth all day tomorrow until it comes out.

Maybe by the 25th he'll be singing, "All I want for Christmas is my bottom right tooth..."

No comments: