Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! We managed to squeeze a fun V-day dinner into a busy Tuesday schedule. Scott has basketball practice from 5:30 until 6:30, so we eat late on Tuesday, which pushes everything later. But our red dinner is such a tradition, and I'm fighting hard not to let "life" get in the way of important traditions. I figure if I start while the kids are young (and life isn't too busy), the importance of traditions will carry us through the hectic teenage years.

All of our Valentines "friends" joined us at the table this year.



Scott informed me on Sunday that he *HATED* (yes, with that much emphasis) meatloaf. Really? I always serve heart-shaped meatloaf. Hmmmm...I changed the menu to show love to my oldest child. We had spaghetti, which is always a winner. I cut red bell peppers to serve on top in a heart shape. {Later he clarified that it is just the onions he hates. Yea! We'll be back to meatloaf next year...just minus onions}


A family picture...notice that Amanda and Merry wore their matching dresses all day.


Scott made tusks with his bell peppers.



No comments: