Friday, February 8, 2013

Fun Friday

I love Fridays.  Once Derrick is out the door and the boys are on the bus, Amanda and I have nowhere else to be.  Amanda always has a list of fun activities that she wants to do.

Today, Amanda...

Had her nails painted and hair cut in our kitchen beauty salon

Ate grilled cheese

Gave Laura a gymnastics lesson

Went to the beach with all her kids



Baked homemade brownies with me


 (Sometimes I think the only reason my kids want to bake with me is the reward of licking the spoon at the end.  Of course, sometimes that's the only reason I bake also...mmmmm, homemade cookie dough)

Soaked in a warm bubble bath





And napped in Mommy & Daddy's big, warm bed

The only thing that would have made the day better is if the boys had been home to join in on the fun.  But, it's 2:42 and I hear the bus pulling up outside.  Time to start Fun Friday with Scott & Andrew!  Maybe we'll play Legos or Clue or Monopoly.  Maybe we'll go outside and play baseball or basketball or ride bikes.  Maybe we'll take Farley to the dog park.  After all, today IS his birthday.  We'll definitely celebrate with a little peanut butter tonight. 


No comments: