Friday, June 27, 2008

frozen yumminess

Sometimes my kids are weird. That's just a fact. I'm sure all kids have their weird quirks and one of Scott's quirkiest is that he will only eat frozen vegetables while still frozen and prefers his fruit frozen as well. We've gotten many the strange look from babysitters when we suggest that they don't heat up the peas before serving them. Andrew has definitely jumped on the frozen bandwagon as well. Just yesterday, he "graduated" from having slightly defrosted and cut up frozen fruit to being able to eat it directly from the freezer bag.

Well, I have to admit that pregnancy in this soon-to-be-July heat has driven me to desperate measures. For breakfast this morning, the three of us finished our meal with some frozen fruit. Lunch was PB&J (a little heavy for me) and a frozen peas, carrots, corn, green bean mixture. The icy vegetables taste so good sliding down my throat and certainly are better for me than ice cream or Popsicles. I think I'll serve some of our frozen strawberries for dinner that we picked at the farm a few weeks ago. And, I'm just dreaming of the day (really soon, I hear) that blueberries are ripe and ready to be picked.

1 comment:

McCance said...

Blueberries are ripe at Millers on Union Church Road(?). And Bradford pretty much only eats his peas frozen. So he's not as quirky as one might think. Or at least to me that leans more towards normal.