Thursday, June 5, 2008

You know it has been a while when...

...when you open the cover to the sand box and you have many little oak trees growing in the sand. Yes, that is what happened today when I suggested to the boys that they play in the sandbox. I think they were just waiting for the suggestion because they were so excited to play. It's not that they don't want to play in the sandbox. In fact, it is probably Andrew's favorite place to play. But, the gold in the sand makes such a mess that I'm not always willing to let them get so dirty.

Summer vacation is just around the corner for us. Today was our last day with Noah and tomorrow is Derrick's last day of school. He has post-planning next week, but the end is near. Looking at the above picture, I realize how much all three boys have grown and changed this year. Below are some highlights of our year with Noah. I noticed as I was looking through my pictures that we did more activities in the fall and took more pictures. I think that the first trimester of pregnancy really slowed me down!

Carving the pumpkin for Halloween:
Playing in the rain:
Wrapped up as "presents":
Playing with a bunch of friends in the sandbox:
Just last week, we made clay and played with it for a while before letting our creations harden:


I was really glad when I opened my blogger account and there weren't "oak trees" growing here also. It's been a while since I've posted, but I already have so many pictures from the end of May and June to post. Check back later in the week for the pictures and stories that have been keeping us so busy.

No comments: