Tuesday, October 7, 2008

2 weeks old!

Today is October 7. When I awoke this morning and looked at the date, it stuck in my head. Since January, today is THE day I've been looking forward to. Today is Amanda's due date.

It's hard to believe that she is already two weeks old. In some ways, it seems like she has been a part of our family for a long time. In other ways, the last two weeks have passed so quickly.

It's funny...even though it hasn't been that long since Andrew was so little, there are things I have forgotten. For instance, even when I take everything but the kitchen sink to the library for storytime, it is still possible to leave the pacifier in the car (happened today!)

Also, the fact that babies really like to poop in a clean diaper. So, I go through the trouble of changing the diaper and am washing my hands when I hear her go again. Now all of our friends have told us that girls are very picky about dirty diapers and get very upset if they are forced to sit in one. Our boys never have cared one bit, but Amanda has a fit if she has to sit in one longer than a few minutes. The way we go through diapers around here, I'm really glad that we use cloth diapers. Otherwise, we may have to take a 2nd mortgage out on our house! As it is, we are still using the same diapers that we used for Scott and Andrew. At this point, I consider them free, we've gotten so much use out of them.

Unlike my first child who did not leave the house for two weeks, Amanda has slid right into our routine. She attended her first family day at the library on Saturday morning (and slept right through it). On Sunday, she slept through Sunday School, but we didn't stay for church. She also attended her first storytime today (and was awake) and later in the week, we'll go to bible study.

Here is a picture of her taken on Sunday after church. The outfit is a little day gown given to Scott when he was born. All of our children have worn it.



No comments: