Monday, October 27, 2008

Four Generations

Another highlight of Derrick's Fall Break was visiting my parents in Atlanta. It was Amanda's first overnight away from home (not counting the hospital, of course.) While we were there, we visited my grandmother. Gramma's name is Christine and she is the first in a long line of Christines. My mom and my middle names are Christine. When I was little (well, actually, up until five weeks ago), we were known in our family as the "Three C's." I guess now we will be the "Four C's," as Amanda Christine has been added to the list.

The sad part of the story is that Gramma now has Alzheimers and does not recognize any of us. But, she absolutely loved Andrew. Of the 50 or so pictures that we took that day, all of her smiles came from her watching Andrew.






No comments: