Saturday, April 25, 2009

strawberries!

Strawberries are in season, and I woke up this morning with a craving for some fresh, juicy ones. The boys and I ate breakfast in the car as we headed down the road to pick our own before the crowds and heat came.

My, how much do things change in a year. The last time I went strawberry picking, we went with some good friends. I was five months pregnant and my friend ended up picking most of our berries, while I took the four kids to play. It was so much easier and more enjoyable this year to bend down and collect the berries. Alisa couldn't come this year because she has a 2-day old baby. So, next time we go together, one of us will have six kids to entertain while the other picks.

We spent about 30 minutes picking two gallons (and munching as we went.) Then, we spent about 30 more minutes checking out the animals on the farm. On the way home, I asked the boys what they enjoyed most.

Andrew: "I loved eating!" (said with great enthusiasm)


Scott: "I loved pumping!"




I enjoyed most seeing their peacock showing off for us and the little baby peacock in the nest.



The best part about this farm, is it is just five miles down the road. We plan to return at least once more this season, so we will have lots in the freezer for the coming year. Here are some additional pictures and videos.







No comments: