Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I love...Derrick

At the beginning of February, I thought it would be fun to spend the month blogging about people that I love. After all, it is the month of love. Now March is looming around the corner, and I'm just starting. Of course I'll start with Derrick.

We recently celebrated our 10 year "dating" anniversary.
February 3, 2000 was a Thursday night. Derrick originally asked me to go out on Saturday night, but I was going to be out of town running a marathon (my first and only.) We switched to Thursday, not knowing it was a PTO night at his school. He was disappointed when he called to reschedule, but I thought it sounded like an adventure, so I went with him. It was a little like meeting someone's parents on the first date. Somehow I survived the evening, including a parent asking if I was his wife!

Not much has changed since that evening, but so much has changed since that evening. I still love going to dinner with Derrick, but the nice Italian restaurant where we ate is now a fast-food Japanese place. It just doesn't have the same romantic feel. I still love going to PTO meetings with Derrick, but I don't make it very often because of bedtime for the kids. I still laugh at his jokes and think he gives the best hugs in the world. But, I also know that he is an awesome cook and a great Dad.


Derrick specializes in bedtime stories. Here, Amanda is trying to catch a little extra attention before she heads to bed.


Finally, there is more space to actually read the story.

No comments: