Tuesday, June 22, 2010

back online!

My computer is home and healed (at least for now). After being away for a week, I'm certainly glad to have it back. Actually, it has almost been a month, since we were out of town for two weeks and had VBS for a week. I didn't really miss it while traveling or the week we were so busy with VBS, but I've certainly missed it this week.

We aren't really sure what happened. After we returned from vacation, I turned it on and it started on a "memory dump" cycle. It would stay on for a minute and then crash with a big blue screen.

And now the folks at Athens Microcomputer are my new best friends. Unlike some national computer repair options that I called, a human answered the phone and she was so friendly. I dropped the tower at their store and it was ready in a day.

Here's the thing. They said it was a "malware" problem...something my Virus protection software would not detect. So, they recommend a free malware program, in addition to my anti-virus program and my spyware software. And, Apple just came out with a new Mac Mini computer. And they don't have as many problems with invasive virus stuff. I think we've almost decided to take the money we've been saving for a new laptop and get a Mac Mini. We'll make this our secondary compter.

Hopefully I'll (finally) upload pictures tonight and post a few more stories from our summer.

**Be sure to check below for some previous posts that I just published...strawberries, end of school, swimming, etc.

No comments: