Friday, July 9, 2010

Beach 2010

We arrived home from a wonderful, relaxing beach vacation last night. I've spent today wishing I was still in the land of sun, sand, waves and few responsibilities, but here we are back at home. I'll have to make do by looking at the pictures.

My favorite picture from the entire trip:


Getting a family picture is always a chore for our family. I tried to capture a good shot on the 4th of July and this is the best I could get. My nephew, Charlie, decided he wanted to pose for the camera with us.


We got a better shot of Nana & Pop with the kids that evening.


Later in the week, we finally got one that was good enough for me.


And, of course, our traditional "feet in the sand" picture. I'm really sorry you can't see that Amanda and I have matching blue toenail polish on our feet. By the time we got the picture, most of her polish had rubbed off in the sand.


While Nana had some quality time with Amanda on the beach, the two boys ventured out in kayaks with us in the marsh. We saw tons of birds, a stingray and a small shark. It was beautiful.


Andrew has a fascination with "the other Andrew." Every time we are in a store or somewhere else with mirrors, he wants to know what the other Andrew is doing. We make up stories about the other Andrew to pass the time while shopping.

Well, the condo where we stayed was covered in mirrors. "The other Andrew" really enjoyed his trip to the beach. When we weren't looking, he had all kinds of adventures. But, since there were so many mirrors, there was plenty of time to look and act crazy with him.

(As a side note, you may notice in this picture that the table is glass. I learned on this trip to never buy a glass table. Aside from the obvious danger of bored children making music with their forks on the table and cracking it, there is a major problem with fingerprints that I never knew about. Not only is the top of the table is covered with smudges, but on a glass table, you also have to wipe underneath the table where little fingers grasp the table to get up and down. Now, I'm sure my wooden table at home as just as many smudges under the table, but I can assure I've never thought to wipe there until this week.)



Here I am trying to mimic Andrew's crazy pose for the camera. Perhaps he will be a Yoga instructor when he grows up!

Scott enjoying the water.


Amanda loves the water and playing in the sand.



Nana and Pop took the older kids to watch the sunrise.


Nana...once a science teacher, always a science teacher. In this picture, she was showing the kids a little crab she found on the beach. They were inspecting it and comparing it to others they saw.











1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Leslie! It's so nice to see the pictures of you, Derrick & the kids at the beach... Awesome photos! I love the picture of the feet in the sand. Brian & I just got back from the beach as well... It was so hard to come back! We were with my family at Edisto Island, SC (close to Charleston). I hope that you're all doing well, and enjoying the summer break. Talk with you very soon!
- Ashley