Saturday, June 18, 2011

Recipes

Rec.i.pe
-noun
"A set of instructions for making or preparing something, especially a food dish."

Recipe is the buzz word for the boys this summer, but true to form, they both have different definitions of the word.



Scott really wants to help in the kitchen. He helps with many of our meals. He wants to know the recipe, read the recipe and correct me when I'm not exactly following the recipe.

We made pancakes on Saturday morning, using my trustworthy Better Homes and Gardens recipe. Except, I've made it so many times, I know in my head how to change the recipe to satisfy my tastebuds. The first change, of course, is to triple the recipe! I also substitute white wheat flour and cut back on the added sugar. Scott was confused about the flour substitution. He pointed out twice that the recipe called for all-purpose flour. Once we got over that hump, the rest was easy. After all 1c. X 3 = 3c. and 2T X 3 = 6T (after our lesson about the difference between a t and a T, we added the correct amounts of baking powder and oil). The math wasn't too hard.

When the batter was mixed, I sat down to enjoy a cup of coffee while Scott poured and flipped the pancakes. And the hilarious part was that he wouldn't allow Amanda to sample any before they were finished. Even I'm not so strict!

The pancakes were delicious.


Andrew has a different use for the word "recipe." He LOVES to style his hair. And he has great hair to style. It holds any style, even when just styled with water.

He told me the other day that he has "recipes" for his hair. Below is the "wave."





In Texas, he sported the "dinosaur tail" when we went to lunch for Derrick's Dad's birthday.


Also in his recipe book are the "T-Rex tail" and "Spine." His recipe book isn't complete and he tells me he plans to add more.


No comments: