Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

We wish you a very Merry Christmas.

I've just started "The Irrational Season" by Madeleine L'Engle. It's really good and really deep, so reading is really slow. Here is a beautiful poem that she includes, written from Mary's point of view. She writes, "But because I, too, am woman and mother, it is my joy and privilege to identify with this young girl who contained within her womb the Power of the universe."

"O thou who bears the pain of the whole earth,
I bore thee.
O thou whose tears give human tears their worth,
I laughed with thee.
Thou who, when thy hem is touched, give power,
I nourished thee.
Who turns the day to night in this dark hour,
Dayspring for me.
O thou who held the world in thy embrace,
I dandled thee.
Whose arms encircle all men with thy grace,
I once held thee.
O thou who laughed and ate and walked the shore,
I played with thee.
And I, who with all others, thou died for,
I now hold thee."




No comments: