Thursday, January 26, 2012

Back on Track

Six weeks without a kitchen, followed by three weeks of no computer is not a good combination, especially when you add in a new year with new activities and two (wonderful) packed travel weekends. There were days when I could barely keep my head above water, much less keep up on world events, pictures, my calendar, blogging, email, etc. It is amazing how tied I am to MY computer...not just any computer, but my own computer, at my desk, sitting in the chair I love. I don't function well without it. And when I don't function well, the family doesn't function well. So we bumped our way through Christmas, holiday travel and back to school with only a few bruises and missed appointments.

Change is constant and all seasons pass. Thankfully, I'm sailing again with a newly rebuilt hard drive and a stocked kitchen. I'm hoping to blog December & January because they were such exciting months. I don't want to forget them.

Speaking of not wanting to forget something, let me tell you about our bible time last night...

We are studying Isaiah in bible study this year, and I have the joy of leading 1st-3rd graders through the same material that their Moms are studying. Since we meet on a Thursday morning, my class consists of home schooled kids and my kids are in school. I try to go through it at home with S & A, but we vary in consistency.

We are in Isaiah 40 this week...one of my favorite chapters in the bible (also the chapter I prayed over Andrew before birth.) I definitely made time for us to go through the home study questions this week.

I snuggled on the couch with Andrew on my left and Scott on my right and we dove in. I wish I had a recording of Andrew's comments. He was so excited about God's power: "See, God will just take all of those idols and blow them up!!!!" Scott: "I don't think they had bombs back then." Andrew: "Yep, they had swords and stuff. He will just cut them up."

Later, we read "He brings princes to naught and reduces the rulers of the world to nothing (v. 23). Andrew: "See! That's what I'm talking about!"

We are memorizing v. 28-31. Andrew: "He (God) will not grow tired or weird."

Those comments brought a smile to my face - such a different interpretation than I had when I studied it.


No comments: