Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The End of an Era

We love story time at the library.

 We have loved it for for years.

 I first took Scott as a toddler, but both Andrew and Amanda went as infants. I think listening to Miss Jessie read stories and sing songs could be counted in their first memories.

 Today was a sad day for me. Just after we sing "Funny Fat Frog" and before we sing "We're all here for story time...turn your ears up high and your mouth down low," Miss Jessie makes announcements for the adults. Today she reminded us that this was the last story time for the year.

 And so, for our family, it was our last regular story time ever. Amanda will be in preschool in the fall, so will miss the Tuesday/Wednesday program.


We will still be regulars at the library. And they have GREAT programs for kids in school. But, I'll miss the sweet time with the toddlers.

 I told Miss Jessie that I may have to steal someone else's child to bring. So, if you ever want a free morning next Fall, just let me know and I'll be more than happy to take your sweet toddler to story time!!

No comments: