Monday, October 29, 2012

Ready for Halloween

My least favorite holiday has one redeeming feature - I get to be crafty and create costumes for the kids.  Normally it's a really last-minute creation, but this year I was finished on Friday.  

Andrew wanted to be Angry Bird - Black Bird Space.  We found the picture of the plush animal and I used it to make his costume.  

I think it turned out pretty well.  If I was to do it all over again, I would probably make the orange belly much bigger, but I didn't realize the size difference until everything was sewed on.  Andrew LOVES it.  He is so excited.  


Amanda will be a bride.  This was also a fun costume to make.  I found some dress fabric where I only had to make the back seam and add the ribbon straps.  Then, I found some lace to make her veil and sewed it on a headband.  It is much heavier than I expected, so we'll have to find a way to secure it to her head.  But, what bride doesn't have 100 bobby pins in her hair?



Scott is making his own costume.  He has put together a Spy Kit from ideas he got from his Eyewitness Spy Book.  Some of his gadgets he created with Legos.  Others he found when he raided the toy boxes.  The costume isn't very exciting, but the gadgets are.  I can't wait to see him in action.

No comments: