Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thanksgiving Season and Christmas Season

Last Monday Andrew hopped off the bus completely exasperated.  Before I could even say "How was your day," he began to tell me how it wasn't Christmas season yet.  

"I've been trying to tell people all day that it is STILL Turkey Season!!!!!!"

Oh sweet son...I agree.  Why rush Christmas, especially when we have an extra week before Christmas?  To me, Christmas begins Dec. 1 or on the first Sunday of Advent.  

So we kept our Thanksgiving decorations up all week...

...and began to decorate the house today for Christmas.  To be quite honest, it was not an easy day.  We are all fighting the flu.  Not really crummy enough to be in bed all day, but certainly not as much energy as normal.  But, there were some highlights in the day.

At one point I looked in the living room and Amanda was so excited that Merry was sitting on Santa's lap!

Being the good Mama that she is, she was diligently taking pictures (as I was diligently taking pictures of her and Merry.)

Later in the day (after several outfit changes), Amanda was a big help in putting ornaments on the tree.  In her enthusiasm, she broke three.  Oh well.

Can you tell who decorated most of the tree?  All of the ornaments are at the bottom.

We have yet to put the angel on the top.  I'll probably wait until everyone is feeling better to get all of us in the picture.  

No comments: