Monday, December 10, 2007

Who is sick?

Have you ever had one of those doctor's visits where you felt like a really out-of-touch Mom? Well, that was me today. :)

Roo has been really cranky recently. I attributed it to the fact that he is trying to bring in his eye teeth and some molars and the fact that his second birthday is just around the corner... he knows what he wants and wants to get or do it by himself. Otherwise, there is a huge meltdown.

But, even with this, I thought it would be a good investment of $20 just to make sure that his ears weren't infected. So, I piled the kids in the car and headed over to the doctor's office. Scooter was really excited about going because they give lollipops at the checkout counter. On the way, he mentioned something about his ear hurting also. It was the first he had mentioned of it, and I thought it was just jealous brother wanting some attention.

Well, you can see where this story is heading. Guess who had the ear infection and whose ears were perfectly clear? I was glad that I asked her to check Scooter's ears as an afterthought. Oh, when will I ever learn?

No comments: