Wednesday, February 11, 2009

First day of school

Well, we've switched gears around here. After much thought and prayer, we decided that it would be best for Scott to attend preschool two days a week. There were many reasons behind this decision, mainly that he was bored at home and I wasn't able to keep up with lesson plans for him. We started yesterday and he had a great time. Andrew and I also had a great time at home playing together. When we picked up Scott, I was refreshed from having a little break and Andrew and Scott really enjoyed playing together in the afternoon.

The only drawback was that Andrew did not want to take a nap right away, so his nap was late. At this point, it would be easier if he was able to function without a nap.

What better way to start school than with a Valentines party! I hope Scott doesn't think he is going to get cupcakes every day, but it sure was a fun way to begin.





We arrived a little early to pick up Scott. All of the other moms were also there, so it was a good chance for me to meet the other kids and their moms. There are 10 kids in Scott's class and, including Amanda, there were four babies in the room, all about 4 months old!

The teachers even fixed a plate for Andrew! Now Andrew is ready to go to school also.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Oh, I think that is exciting for him. I know many homeschool families who have done the preschool thing and others that even continue through knidergarten to get them reading. It looks like a great way to start school to me!