Thursday, March 5, 2009

Update: Scott

I just hate it when I get behind on my blog. All day, I have funny stories and events that I want to record, but by 8:30 when the house is finally silent, all I want to do is crawl in bed with a good book. So, I get behind. So, I thought I'd post three entries of stories - one for each kid.

The big news for Scott is that we had Kindergarten registration yesterday. It went well. They took Scott back to one of the classrooms and gave him a little readiness test - write his name, identify letters, count blocks, colors, etc. He was most excited that the classroom had a pet. Also, that the teacher said they drink KoolAid in school (how he got on that subject is anyone's guess.) It is hard for him to grasp that it will be another 6 months before he actually goes to school there.

Another funny story - when I picked him up from preschool today, before I could ask him about his day, he told me that they did not go on the playground because a tree fell on the playground during the recent snow storm. Just a few minutes later, I asked him the most exciting part of his day. His reply - "The most surprising part of my day was that we did NOT go outside today." He sure is Derrick's boy.

When we got home, he and Andrew spent a full hour outside. I finally had to drag them inside at 1:15 to eat lunch. They were fascinated with the water coming down the drainpipe from the melting snow. The rerouted the pipe to a bucket to collect the water and play in it.

No comments: