Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween

We had a great Halloween. It was the first year that we actually Trick or Treated. In the past, our church has had a "Trunk or Treat" in the parking lot, but not this year. We went to my parent's house, which brought back a flood of memories of my Trick or Treating days in Brookwood Hills. We selected just a few streets, but still came home with a bag full of candy and lots of great memories. Some memorable comments came from Andrew:

He only wanted to take one piece of candy from each house, even when the people offered him more. Finally, we got to a house where they were handing out snickers and the woman insisted that he take two. I told him those were Nana's favorite, so he took the second and gave it to her.

While we were walking between houses, he said in a most excited voice, "Mom, why can't it be Christmas every day!"

It began to rain and we were not quite home, but Andrew declared, "Halloween is over. Time to go home."

He ran around like Superman and I think he really thought he could fly.




Scott wanted to be a polished rock, so we asked our neighbor (a professional rock collector) for suggestions, and he came up with an Agate Carnelian. This is an orange (Scott's favorite color) quartz. He received the most interesting comments from the houses we visited. I'm sure he was one of the first Polished Rocks to visit Brookwood Hills on All Hallows Eve.

This was the picture (and smile) that I worked so hard to get.



Here is the smile that dominates the pictures I took. It must be a "polished rock" smile.



Amanda was (and is) our sweet panda. Amanda the Panda. She even wore special Chinese shoes in honor of the Panda homeland. I was most excited about this costume; especially finding the hat that she can wear all winter. If only she would keep it on her head!





1 comment:

Brent, Sara, Hannah and Sam said...

Great pics and I have to say Scott's costume is certainly unique - reading about it and seeing his "polished rock" smile made me laugh so hard I cried - very creative and way beats a ghoul or goblin!