Friday, May 6, 2011

creating new words

On Monday I picked Andrew up from preschool and took him and Amanda to run errands. He was so excited that Tuesday was the day he was going to play at his friend David's house. He was just overflowing with plans for their time together.

"Mom, I think we are going to play tag. Maybe Freeze Tag or maybe regular tag. I guess we'll play regular tag, since there will only be two of us."

I replied, "Yes, it is hard to be unfrozen when you are only playing with two people. Where did you learn to play freeze tag? Was it at school."

"Yes, we were playing on the playground with a whole junk of kids."

I said, "What is a "junk" of kids? Where did you learn that term?"

"I made it up. I know a junk yard is where there is a big pile of stuff, so a junk of kids is a whole bunch of kids."


No comments: