Friday, March 23, 2012

A new dress

Amanda and I went to our favorite thrift store last week and she fell in love with this lovely pink shirt. She really wanted me to buy it.
I thought that it looked like a pink bath rug. "What grown woman would wear a pink bath rug? No, we don't need that."

But then I thought that Amanda would look really cute in a pink bath rug.

Don't you agree...
The best part about it is that it took a mere 10 minutes to transform the shirt into a dress. I was surprised it was so easy.

And it was just perfect to wear as we played "going to the beach" outside.

It is Amanda's new favorite game. She gets to wear her bathing suit and play with her babies outside. I get to sit on a towel and enjoy the beautiful sunny weather. It works out great for both of us. Here is a picture from earlier in the week.


Notice that there are many towels...One for me, one for Amanda, one for Merry (the doll) and one for Anna, Janna, Jacks and Recess. These are her imaginary friends, who come with us everywhere.

Anna has a birthday almost every day. She goes to preschool. Janna goes to the Primary school with the boys. Jacks and Recess are her "boys." Recess is sick fairly often, but he feels better also. They all love picnics and cupcakes.

1 comment:

laura said...

I cannot believe how HOT it is there, or at least it looks like it must be that hot based on what you are wearing!

and the pink bath robe dress is precious!