Thursday, February 13, 2014

Land of Snow and Ice

Scott made this Borax creation at Cub Scouts on Sunday.
Get the directions at Steve Spangler Science.  


This is a sight we rarely see in Georgia - our Valentine's decorations backed by snow.  Yet, as we are one day away from Valentine's Day our ground has several inches of snow.  The kids have had a blast.  

Amanda found some tattoos the other day and stuck them all over her face…all by herself…with the bathroom door closed and locked.  :)

Andrew enjoying the sled that I had as a child.  I remember my parents purchasing this sled and our other sled when I was about his age.  We went to the hardware storm just before a predicted snowstorm and these were the only two sleds left.  Who knew we would still have them all these years later.  

Scott found the Spiderman mask in our dress up box and decided to use it like a ski mask.

This girl shows so much expression as she sleds.  She is not one to hold back her excitement.

Eating snow is really good.

We headed up the street to see if we could find some better hills.  You can see that one 4WD truck had passed…but that was the only traffic we saw all day.

We went around the corner to a street called Hilltop.  The name fits, and it is a great street for sledding!  I have to say, when I'm running, I don't always think of it in such positive terms.  It is the last hill at the end of my three-mile course, and I'm ready to get home when I reach the top.


Playing in the snow makes hungry and tired children,  We made a big dish of homemade mac & cheese.  Amanda had three big helpings.  I think it was the first time ever that we had no leftovers!

We ended the day with a fire and movie.  Guess who didn't  make it through the whole movie?

It snowed more last night, so we are gearing up for another day of fun before it melts tomorrow!

No comments: