Saturday, November 10, 2007

Georgia Football

Today is the big Auburn game. The boys and I dropped Derrick off at the game to work at 12:30, with the intention that we would find a quick parking spot and join some friends for a few hours to tailgate. Well, "quick" and "close" are not words that would describe the spot we finally ended up with. But, "free" is always good. Before we found it, I was ready to head home and forget about the idea, but Scooter was about to pitch a fit that we weren't going to go. He is such a chip off of my block -- not wanting to miss a thing. He was a trooper as we walked for over a mile. Roo was carried, so he didn't mind a bit. I had a good time visiting with friends, while Scooter played with the kids. The best part about it was we got a ride back to the car.

So, here I am being a football mommy. I'm in the office with the game on the radio, while Roo is asleep and Scooter is watching Dora the Explorer. We've never watched her, but got a video from the library this week and he has absolutely fallen in love with it. When it is over, I'll go back in there and turn on the game on the big radio and find some more activities that we can do while I listen to the game. Now, where are my priorities? Both boys slept through the first half, so I only have one half to feel guilty. But, the game is just too close to turn it off.

No comments: