Friday, November 30, 2007

Stories

When I began this blog, I never dreamed that I would have so many things to write. Maybe my life isn't quite as exciting (or funny) as I think it is, but I sure enjoy sharing the little pieces of the day with whoever reads this.

Roo got a new nickname yesterday. The whole family stopped by church in the evening. I had a meeting to attend and Derrick kept the kids on the playground. (we wanted to only take one car to the Downtown Athens Christmas Parade - so this was our compromise). When my meeting was over and I reunited with everyone, Derrick announced the new nickname -- Rooter (yes, it rhymes with Scooter). Evidently he "roots out" everything that he is not supposed to get into. That didn't surprise me in the least!!

Our other big news this week is that, after six years of discussion, Derrick finally convinced me to invest in an artificial Christmas tree. I think there is something exciting about selecting just the right tree, only to get it home and find out it has a hole in the middle and leans to the left a little. The smell fills the house (although needles are everywhere and I always forget to water).

We embarked on a shopping trip on Monday night and went to every store in town that sells artificial trees. I'm pretty pleased with what we got, although my stomach churned a bit when I pulled it out of the box and the artificial "limbs" unfolded. I felt like I was in one of those horror movies where the robots turn to life and terrorize everybody. Hopefully our tree won't do that. However, after "fluffing" the tree and turning on the lights, I have to say it looks pretty good. We'll head back to Lowes and get a real wreath or some cut branches to hang to get that good smell.

We are decorating tonight, so I'll post some pictures this weekend of our decorated house (and me "fluffing" the tree before all the limbs were in place.)

No comments: