Thursday, September 11, 2008

A $15 meal?

When Derrick arrived home last night, I told him that dinner was grilled chicken (which he would grill) on salad. Well, by the time we got around to assembling it, I was starving. Suddenly, salad didn't sound like such a great option. After all, Ceiling Tile needs more calories than that.

My wonderful chef husband came to the rescue by whipping up noodles with Alfredo sauce, topped with grilled chicken and a salad on the side - all served piping hot 30 minutes later. As I sampled the sauce on the stovetop, I proclaimed that it was better than Olive Garden (although he says that's pretty easy to do.) Then, during dinner, I asked what was in the sauce that made it so yummy. The answer...garlic cloves, garlic powder, and a special garlic spice that our friends brought us from France. So, rather than serving a "Three Cheese Sauce," I declared that he had made a "Three Garlic Sauce."

He then announced that we each owed him $15 for our meals. I offered to do dishes instead.

No comments: