Saturday, September 20, 2008

We love September!

I've decided that September is one of the best months of the year. After the summer schedule of either hunkering down at home or traveling long distances, September is the season of local, fall festivals.

This first picture was taken last night at a church picnic where we dedicated our new parking lot. It was a fun evening with bar-b-que and a band. I think that Andrew only ate Doritos for dinner. Here is proof of how much he enjoyed them! (And the kids wonder why we don't have chips in the house.)


Today, the kids and I went to the Athens Area Realtors Association Family Fun Day. It was a small festival, but we had a great time enjoying the activities. One of the first things we did was ride on the back of this firetruck, about the size of a golf cart.


The boys loved the free hats and cotton candy!! Even Ceiling Tile enjoyed her first "taste" of cotton candy (I just couldn't pass up the opportunity for cotton candy.)


Here is Andrew playing in a big vat of bubbles.


And, the pony rides were also a big hit.



And, another reason that we are going to start to love the month of September...
...we expect Ceiling Tile to be born this week! I went to the doctor on for an ultrasound on Monday and he discovered that my amniotic fluid is low. He plans to induce labor on Tuesday morning, so we hope to have a baby by evening. I hope that pictures (and a new name) will be included in my next post...stay tuned!