Thursday, March 18, 2010

Helpful?

At almost 18 months (we are 5 days shy of that mark), Amanda is in the *very* helpful stage of life. Sometimes, *very helpful* isn't very helpful at all.

Take this example:

Our dryer broke a few weeks ago. In order to make room for the new dryer, I had to move the pantry shelf to the left one inch. Simple...until I realized it wasn't going to budge until I removed the food. So, into the basket went all my canned and dry goods.

Not wanting to replace them until the new dryer was actually in place, I left the room to work on another project. It only took a moment before Amanda discovered the wonderful basket of food and went to work unloading the basket. Take it out....


...and place it here on the floor. This project kept her entertained until she discovered some packets of dried seasoning and went to work opening them. That's when I decided that she had been enough help for the afternoon.



Dog feeding is another favorite job of Amanda's. If I ask her to get Farley's bowl, off she trots toward the crate to fetch the bowl. Farley gets excited that a meal is coming and wants his meal quickly. The problem is that she sometimes likes to smell the flowers on the way.

Here she is, in her Amanda the Panda jammies, on her way toward the food storage container...


..."Oh look, Farley is following me."


..."See, your bowl is still empty. Since Mommy is too busy taking pictures to keep me on track, I think I'll see what else I can do with this bowl..."


"Look! It fits so nicely as a hat!"

No comments: