Monday, March 22, 2010

Here we are on the cusp of Scott's birthday party, and I'm finally posting pictures from Andrew's party. March really is birthday season around here.

Andrew had a GREAT 4-year old birthday party. I think I always view parties as having to revolve around a theme. The theme was supposed to be Bibleman, a superhero that Andrew loves. but I just could not bring it all together this year. It didn't help that my imaginative child had wild ideas that didn't fit together.

Take, for instance, the cake. Andrew wanted a chocolate cake with chocolate icing and green icing and ice cream and lots of cookies. He wanted it all piled on top of each other. I convinced him to settle for just a cookie cake with fudge icing, ice cream on the side and green writing. He was quite pleased.

He also specifically asked to play "Duck Duck Goose" and "Red light, Green light" - games that in no way fit with a theme. So, I scrapped the theme idea and we just had fun.

All in all, it was a great party. The kids had a great time. Andrew loved it. Here are some pictures.

Duck Duck Goose:



Red light, Green light


Our pinata


Amanda found some candy from the pinata and proceeded to open it and put it in her mouth. Who said that being third child doesn't have its benefits? I'm pretty sure Scott would not have gotten candy in such a way at 18 months.




Pure delight


I love this - all three siblings help with the opening of presents.


Here is Scott doing a move that he loves. He makes this guitar face and sings "Banjo Guitar Hero." It is hilarious and I'm so glad to have captured it on film.


Our gift to Andrew was the Bibleman costume and light up sword. He loved the cape & mask and wore them the rest of the day.


No comments: