Thursday, August 19, 2010

Andrew school = more adjustments

After a week and a half of waiting (plus two years of watching Scott go to school), Andrew finally had his turn for "first day of school." For him, it was a true first day of school. He already LOVES it! He said his favorite part of school this week was playing with the Transformers, but he has spent most of his time talking about who is fastest on the playground. School is so fun at age 4 and he can't imagine that Scott's classroom doesn't have toys. After all, that is how he spends the majority of his time in the classroom.


Miss Chris greets him at the door.


And, Miss Lisa is also there to say hello.

So, now for nine hours a week, it's just Amanda and me. She "helped" me haul recycling on Monday. Notice how she is just wearing one boot. It's all she can manage to put on by herself.


As a funny note, I have to share a story from yesterday. As we left the library, we walked past a big bulldog statue (like Chicago has cows, we have bulldogs all over town.) Andrew asked if that was once a living bulldog.
Confused, I answered, "No, it is a statue. That's kind of like a painting, but 3-D"
"Well, when I grow up, I want to be a scientist who digs old bulldogs out of football fields."
I paused a second and then it was all I could do not to laugh. Scott wants to be a paleontologist (hence the digging up bones reference) and Andrew just assumes that bulldogs roam on every football field in America. I guess that's what you get for growing up in Georgia Bulldog country. :)

Then, he told me that he really wanted to be an astronaut and that was also a scientist.

No comments: