Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Dinner

I think Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday of the year (and I think I say that every year.) It is a holiday of low expectations = high satisfaction (as my friend Laura likes to say.) I love decorating the table and blessing my family with a love-ly meal.


The kids helped me decorate this year. I put all of the hearts on the table and they announced that their Valentine animals (gifts from Grandma last year) should join the celebration.

Andrew also added the heart that he made in school.


Scott is becoming quite the photographer...


He asked me how to zoom and then just walked closer to the animals to take this. I said, "well...that's one way to zoom."
We ate heart shaped meatloaf and had a delicious dessert - graham cracker crust, nuts, coconut, chocolate chips and coated in sweetened condensed milk. It was wonderful - reminded me of Samoas. I baked it in our heart-shaped pan and it actually turned out on the plate without breaking. I would hate to have served a broken heart.

1 comment:

laura said...

oh wow, you leave me wondering what kind of counseling my kids will need when they grow up "my mom never did anything for valentine's day and....."

Maybe next year :) This year I was just grateful when Matt said "we'll just figure out another time to do something Valentine's Day-ish."

Your dessert description made my mouth water! Yum!