Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What have we been up to?

It is hard to believe that January is over...gone...poof. It went by so quickly. I wonder why...and then I remember that we only had 13 days of school. Of the four weeks, we only had one that was a full five days. It feels like we are still easing into the year from the Christmas holiday, but we are a full month into the new year.

But, we had a fun January. Here are some scenes.


These two simply love each other. They have such a good time playing in the morning after the bus picks up Scott. Here they are finishing a bowl of peanuts. I mix three or four kinds (Party, Honey Roasted, Unsalted, Salted, etc.), throw in some raisins, other nuts, etc. and call that "snack" for two or three weeks. I made a batch this morning and they are finishing what I couldn't fit back into the jars.


Andrew also fills his extra time before school starts by dressing his "friends." Here Bingo is sporting the farmer look, complete with Batman socks. I have to check twice to make sure Bingo's clothes don't make it into the dirty clothes basket.


I believe this was Andrew's shopping mall. He had this entire structure put together before I knew what was happening. But what impressed me the most was the way that the customers enter the mall. They had to perform an intricate system of flips and hops over the pillars. But, do you notice the ramp at the bottom of the picture? That is for wheelchair access.


Amanda plays with her babies everywhere...including the kitchen floor.

You'll notice that Scott isn't in many of these pictures because he spends the majority of his day at school and doing homework. By the time he plays, I'm working on dinner and don't think to get the camera. But, we occasionally take a break...like Thursday when we had good friends over to play. In the four hours they played, I never heard a cross word between them...even between brothers.

They gathered all of the gumballs and had war from the pirate ship - so fun!




Amanda enjoyed watching the boys play from her swing.

And now we are on to February. Groundhog Day. Farley's birthday. Valentine's Day. So much excitement! So many traditions. And we have birthdays just around the corner. Parties. Cake. Friends. I just love this time of year.

No comments: