Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Andrew's Birthday

Happy 7th Birthday, Andrew!  We celebrated last night with Nana & Pop - so thankful they are in town to celebrate birthdays (and all other kinds of occasions.)   Andrew wanted his favorite, chicken pot pie, homemade.  I'm not such a fan of chicken, so it was more vegetable pot pie with a little chicken, but the only one who noticed was Derrick. We all thought it was delicious.  


These two are great buddies.  Scott is always willing to help, and Andrew is almost always willing to accept help.

The big present this year was a "Mighty Eagle."  Andrew has wanted one for almost a year, but at $125, it was over our birthday budget.  He has a friend who has one, so I borrowed it and made one for Andrew.  I was really excited with how it turned out, but it took so many hours.  At one point, I figured I was almost at $125, if I were to pay myself by the hour.  It turned out much taller than the friend's because I forgot to trim the bottom before I sewed it together.  Oh well, it is a really great floor pillow.

Most importantly, Andrew LOVES it!



And the really funny part of this birthday is that only received three cards...and they were exactly the same card.  There's not much variety in the 7 year old card selection.  He loved the idea that he was turning 777.
It was a happy birthday!

No comments: