Friday, March 8, 2013

Gettin' ready to smash some pigs!


Andrew's party is coming up and we are so excited.  It's an Angry Bird party.  He wanted one for his 6th birthday and I vetoed it because it sounded too wild.  The 5th birthday, Jedi party almost did me in. We had a Lego party last year, and, to tell you the truth, it wasn't much calmer.  So if the Angry Bird party could be outside, I was willing to have it.

The invitations were sent!
The inside said, "Andrew is turning 7.  Come crash the party and smash some pigs."  I think it was verbiage that I took off the Internet, but I created the invitations by looking at some pictures.  Angry birds are just simple shapes put together.

Our party favors were 5" playground balls.  I think this was my favorite part of planning the party.  The blank balls came in a 3 pack from Toys R Us.  I painted faces on them, copied from a jacket that Andrew's grandma gave him for Christmas.  Each one has his own little personality.


This Green Bird is ready to get those pesky pigs.

The Red Birds make me laugh, because they didn't turn out as well as I planned.  I think they look kind of loopy and happy.  Andrew told me that was because the pigs weren't successful in stealing their eggs.  Such a sweet boy!

The cake is Andrew's favorite cookie cake.  Scott desperately wanted to help and watched me ice the beak, eyes and eyebrows while the others watched a movie.  He never lost interest, so I let him ice the green part.

About this point, the others wanted to watch.  I told them I was looking forward to a time when they would do all the birthday party preparations and I could kick my feet up.  Instead, I washed dishes while Scott iced.  


I thought Scott did a great job!


I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of the most important party of the birthday party prep...the slingshot!  Boy are we excited about this part of the party!

No comments: