Monday, January 21, 2008

random thoughts

As I downloaded the pictures from my camera for my "sun/snow" post, I realize I have some more to share. These are just random events of the past week.


On Thursday night, we celebrated the end to our "M" week by roasting marshmallows in our fireplace. Well, actually Derrick did all the roasting. I was in charge of keeping the kids away from the fire and sticky fingers off of the furniture. (By the way...it is so much easier to do this outside, where you don't have to worry about the mess.) Look at these faces, though...pure pleasure. I don't think that "N" week is going to be as exciting. "Nana" starts with an "N" -- so if you are reading, pass along some good ideas!

Below is a picture of "Super Scooter." He loves the orange cape that the Howen's gave him for Christmas. It is a big silk cloth that they dyed with orange Kool-Aid. Alisa (who would never dream of serving her kids Kool-Aid) said she felt so funny at the grocery store with 30 boxes of the stuff, in all flavors and colors! It does seem kind of gross to ingest something that colors the scarf with such vivid colors. What does it do to your stomach? But, the cape looks great and makes for hours of fun play time. His favorite combination of costume is the scarf with his bright orange gloves and safety goggles. In the picture below, he was showing me how strong he was by picking up a large limb.

No comments: