Monday, April 28, 2008

I turned my head for a second...

This is what happens when you turn your head for a second in my house.


Well, maybe it was just a bit longer than a second. Here is what happened. It rained all weekend (over 2 inches total). It finally stopped around 10:00 and I decided to take Farley outside around 11. The plan was to let him do his business and then head back inside. Well, no sooner had I stepped out the door when I had two "helpers" outside with me.


So I went to Plan "B" - which was to walk along the road to the creek and see how full it was. That way, our feet would stay dry, but we would still get to experience the great outdoors for a few moments. Just as we passed some big puddles in our yard, a neighbor walked by with her dog. I stopped to talk with her. About 30 seconds later I looked around to see Andrew stomping in this great big puddle and stirring it with the plastic hoe that he had retrieved from the carport. Scott was not far behind, after he grabbed his shovel.


With the damage already done and the pants already dirty, I let them continue to play until lunchtime. We came inside and took baths. The tub was a dull shade of brown when we finished bathing - yuck!

No comments: