Monday, April 21, 2008

Visiting Hannah

This weekend, Derrick and I headed to NC to visit a college roommate and meet her new baby, Hannah. We had a delightful time. Below is a picture of the quilt that I finished last week, just in time to take to her.


Here is a picture of Hannah enjoying a snooze on the quilt. It was so funny. I probably took about 20 pictures of her, all the time tickling her, moving her and generally trying to wake her up so you could see her beautiful blue eyes. This was the closest I got to "awake." Just after this yawn, she was off to sleep again.

One special treat of the weekend was that we were able to attend a "U2charist." Sara's husband put together a band to perform U2 songs in a worship setting. The band gives permission for groups to do this, as long as 100% of the offering is given to a program that helps eliminate world hunger and poverty. It is a great opportunity for a church to highlight a mission program that they already support, in a different kind of setting. I never realized that the music of U2 was so spiritual, but I had a great time listening to the music and the message. Below is a picture of Sara and Hannah enjoying the music. Since she was asleep all morning, she was a awake most of the show, but seemed to enjoy the music. I guess she has inherited her father's love for music.




Throughout the weekend, I had such a good time holding her, changing diapers, etc. I kept telling Derrick, "I'd really like another one of these." That's a really good thing because we are already well on our way to making that happen. In early October, we'll have another of our own.

No comments: