Friday, February 8, 2008

Daddy is in Charge

I'm writing this blog from Sunny Florida and Derrick is at home with the boys. I have a new job that allows me to work 10 hours from home. Most of the work I do is during nap time or after bedtime, so it works out really well. But, this week, they asked me to go to a conference in Florida for a few days. It is a conference that we went to as a family last year when I worked for UGA, but Derrick decided that it was easier to keep the boys at home this year instead of driving 9 hours and having them by himself in a hotel room. It is not really "Sunny Florida" today, so it's probably best that they aren't here.

I checked in this morning and all is well on the home front. They were preparing to go to a consignment sale to get some summer clothes and then head to "castle park," a really cool park on the other side of town that we never get to go to because it is so far away. I think the boys really like "daddy time".

While I'm away, I'm also missing Farley's First Birthday -- TODAY! Don't worry - I'm not feeling the guilt that I would feel if I missed a child's birthday. But, when you have a son who thinks that every birthday needs to be celebrated with cake and ice cream, they are all lots of fun. So, I have a recipe for a doggie birthday cake (with carrots and beef jerky) and we will celebrate as a family next week. I'm eager to see if I can get a picture of Farley eating his cake and wearing a birthday hat. I think that will be my challenge for next week.

No comments: