Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Old Friends

We had a delightful day on Monday visiting with old friends. It is just so good to reconnect with good friends and I'm glad to be passing that tradition to the boys.

We went to Macon to see my friend Julia and her two children - Joseph and Bethany. They have been living overseas for two years and have just returned home. The dad - Wayne - has a few more weeks in France before also returning.

Joseph is 17 days older than Scott and Bethany is two months younger than Andrew, so the kids played great together. The best part was the anticipation from Scott. The whole way down, he was so excited to talk about the toys he would play with with Joseph and the things they would do. Once we arrived, they played as if they just saw each other last week. The little ones just followed each other around the house. Bethany gave Andrew a tour of all her stuff - her new "big girl" bed, all her toys, etc.

The kids played in the creek, and fought dragons and dinosaurs together. I forgot to take my camera, but will remember it just next weekend when we head down there again for Joseph's birthday party. The best part of the day was saying "Goodbye, see you next week"... not "Goodbye, see you next year."

Which reminds me...March, the month of birthdays, is just around the corner. We are celebrating Andrew's second birthday this Sunday, heading down to Macon to celebrate Joseph's birthday on the 8th, celebrating my birthday on the 15th, celebrating Easter - sort of a form of a birthday...birthday of the Christian faith?- on the 22nd, and ending the month on a grand note with Scott's 4th birthday party on the 28th and my niece's 3rd birthday party on the 29th. Sometime in there, we are also celebrating my Mom's birthday - I think it will just be combined with mine. I'm tired just typing all this.

Be on the lookout for some great pictures!

No comments: