Monday, March 24, 2008

Jesus is Alive!

Jesus is Alive is the phrase that we have been repeating all week in our house. I'll ask Scott, "What does Easter mean?" He will reply, "Jesus is Alive!" Occasionally, Andrew will throw in a "Hooray!" and lift his hands in the air. He will pretty much say hooray any time he gets the opportunity, and this is a great time to do so.

We spent Easter morning at church and then headed to Geoffrey and Jill's for a delicious lunch, along with neighbor friends of theirs. Here are some pictures from our day:



This picture was taken at 2AM, when I awoke with a start, wondering if the Easter Bunny had arrived. By the time I took the picture, we were all set. I knew the boys would beat me up in the morning and I would take advantage of Nana and Pop being at the house to get some extra sleep. The only problem with my plan was that I forgot to tell Nana and Pop that the baskets were out. "Stealth" (i.e. Andrew) found them and was quitely enjoying a caramel egg before my parents realized what he was doing. He is so different than Scott, who would have announced to everyone that the baskets were there.



All dressed up on Easter morning. Scott convinced Derrick to wear a tie and I decided to wear a dress. Andrew also insisted on wearing a tie, after seeing all the other men and boys in one. About three minutes before we left, he came to the front of the house with one of Derrick's Christmas ties on. It was the kind that plays music and he kept stepping on the tie and making it sing. Derrick found a bolo for him to wear, which was a much better option.




At Geoffrey and Jills, here is Derrick enjoying some time with Reese.


Mom, Dad, Geoffrey and Jill working hard in the kitchen.





The babies slept so well through the meal. Here you can see that Charlie is waking up a bit, but Reese is still fast asleep.


Here are the kids patiently waiting for pictures to be taken before heading off to find eggs. I couldn't believe they stood still long enough to get the pictures.


No comments: