Sunday, May 18, 2008

"average" family

I remember when I was in college, I took a family economics class where we learned that the average American family has 2.2 kids. How do you have 2/10ths of a kid? Well, as I was walking today, I realized that we are just about as close to being "average" as we will ever be. Actually, we've already surpassed average. As of this week, Derrick and I have 2.5 kids - I'm half way through the pregnancy.

We have our big mid-point ultrasound on Wednesday where the Doctor is most interested to make sure all the organs are functioning and the pregnancy is progressing, but we are most interested in seeing whether it is a boy or girl.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

laura said...

You guys are far from a merely "average" family in MANY ways... not just the number of kids you have!

Can't wait to hear the news :)

love
laura