Monday, May 12, 2008

...the rest of the "Mother's Day" story

We concluded a fantastic Saturday afternoon with our first cookout and outside eating of the season. Derrick grilled sausage and we enjoyed eating on the patio. It is the perfect time of year to eat outside...warm but not many bugs.

The best thing about eating outside is that you don't feel an obligation to clean your child's face before dinner. Here is Andrew, complete with dirt smeared across his face, before dinner.

A family picture...

See, I told you it would have done no good to pre-clean Andrew's face. Here he is with the same dirt as above, plus a new layer of mustard on top.

So, you may ask...what was the bribe that got Scott to smile and sit still during the pictures? Besides the promises to play on the playground at the end, we also told him he could shave off all of his curls after I got my pictures. It makes me so sad to see those curls go, but he loves shaving them off. I think he loves it so much because that is what Daddy does. Here are those beautiful curls on the bathroom floor.

I haven't yet taken a picture of the new cut, but I have to admit that I kind of like it and it must feel much cooler as the days get warmer.

1 comment:

laura said...

Oh those of Andrew's face are SO CUTE! I love dirty faces on kiddos :)