Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

My gift for Mother's Day this year was the beautiful faces of my husband and boys, dressed up in polo shirts, in front of a camera lens for two hours on a beautiful Saturday morning when they probably could have thought of a million other things that they would rather be doing. I was thrilled to be able to capture these momemts so that later I'll be able to remember how sweet it is to be a "young family." It is a time that goes by so quickly and I really do enjoy the joy and fun that little children provide. Our friend Cindy took the pictures on her fancy digital camera at a local park. Here are a few of the best photos of the day.

The boys sticking their tongues out...I'm surprised Derrick doesn't have his out as well!



The best pictures of the boys came after we allowed them to change into t-shirts and play on the playground for a little while. The pure joy of childhood play showed in their faces.


2 comments:

Robyn said...

Leslie,
I just love the pictures Cindy took of your family. They are beautiful and it seems she really captured their personality. That is the most important thing to me in photography is having a photographer capture the personality of each of my family members. I know you will treasure these for years to come!
Love,
Robyn

Adele said...

Hi Leslie,

The pictures turned out great! The boys are so cute (as always) and you absolutely glow. What a gorgeous backdrop too. I've officially bookmarked your blog so now I can keep up with your quickly changing family!

Love, Adele