Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A "busy" baby

Our little girl is growing by leaps and bounds - literally! I didn't think toddlers were supposed to be "busy" until they were able to walk, but Amanda has already proven that theory wrong. She is into everything and especially likes to be places where she is not supposed to be.

Not all of these pictures were taken today, but you will get a picture of how active she is. She was wearing the pink sundress today. The dog crate pictures were from yesterday, but I caught her heading in that direction at least 10 times today. She has also discovered Farley's water bowl in the kitchen and loves to splash in it.

"Farley's crate is the best place to play!"


"Hi Farley. Do you want to play?"

"This looks like fun. What is it? Oh, it is your little fire hydrant toy that I love to chew on." (Notice Farley's ears perking up, thinking "hey, that's my toy!")


"Let me just give you a little kiss to make everything OK." (Actually it turned out to be an eyebrow tug.)

"It sure is fun to share toys."

"I don't want to sit still for a picture with my brother!!!!" (She has perfected the art of arching her back in just the right direction to wriggle out of arms.)

"This looks like a fun new toy." (If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you can see a bit of drool hanging out of her mouth. Still no teeth, although we think she must be working on them.)

"Hmmm, I sure do like this standing up stuff."

"52 card pick up is Mommy's favorite game, so I make sure I let her play it often." (Although it is highly unlikely that there are actually 52 cards left in the deck, since it is on child #3.)

"LEGOS!! The perfect size to put in my mouth. Yum!"

(About 15 minutes later.) "Wait a minute...what happened to the Legos? Why did Mommy replace them with these trucks that don't stand a chance of fitting into my mouth? Hey, look! They swing! Right to the floor! Cool."

"I love my Pack & Play. I'm in here a lot. Mommy says it is the only place she can leave me and feel safe. It is a great place to watch my brothers play, practice standing..."


"...and read a good book. Actually, I'd rather just turn the pages and eat them."

This video is truly unbelievable to me. It is the first time ever that I have actually caught the first step of a child. I wasn't even planning to. I just thought I'd get some video of her standing and crawling. (I apologize that you have to turn your head to watch it.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Leslie! I cannot believe how fast Amanda is growing... She is standing & walking?! I love this video of Amanda that you've posted, and the pictures of Amanda and Farley are precious. Brian & I really enjoy seeing all the pictures that you post of Scott, Andrew & Amanda. I hope that you and Derrick are doing well too!