Saturday, August 8, 2009

Do you Twitter?

I read a funny statement in the paper this morning. It was from an AP article discussing the Twitter outage yesterday.

"Tens of millions of people have come to rely on social media to express their innermost thoughts..."

Yikes! What kind of society have we become that we express our innermost thoughts to a computer? What happened to sitting down with our best friend for a cup of coffee? Or sharing our thoughts with our spouse and kids over dinner?

I don't Twitter, but I do have a Facebook account that sucks my time about twice a month when I log in. And while I like recording the funny stories of our lives on this Blog, my "innermost thoughts" are saved for less public outlets.

OK, I need to stop this blogging and go spend some quality time with the family.

No comments: