Saturday, August 8, 2009

New Software

Can you tell I have time on my hands today? We have spent so much time and energy preparing for the start of school that we forgot to look beyond it. So, much to my delight, we have a FREE weekend! They will fill up soon with soccer, fall festivals, birthdays, weddings, etc., but I am enjoying today.

While everyone else is napping, I'm playing with my new photo software. I have been looking for some editing software that did more than take out red-eye and found the Creative Memories Memory Manager was exactly what I was looking for. Plus, I'm able to export the pictures (and my blog stories) to the scrapbooking software to make books in which to store these memories. (I don't have much faith that Blogger will store all of my memories for my grandchildren to read.)

Below is my favorite photo that I've worked on. My Mom took this picture at the beach. She said that when she took it, she saw the trashcans, but would miss the moment if she waited for a better background.


This isn't perfect, but is certainly much better. I thought about covering the entire area with grass, but realize that the grass at the bottom is much bigger than that on top. I may work on it a little more, but I thought it was good for my first try.


Andrew gave me a great smile in this picture, but I wanted to see what else I could do with the picture.


I began by fixing the red-eye and removing the piece of chair on the left edge. Then, I played with the color a bit. Again, I'm no artist and certainly not ready to quit my day job, but I really like the way the bottom photo turned out. It makes it look like it could be from my childhood (when all my Mom could do was take the picture and hope for the best.)






1 comment:

laura said...

so cool! I actually have that software, but I have never used it. Maybe I'll install it :)

I use Blurb Booksmart to create books from my blog. Well, technically, I only did 2007, and am still editing 2008. I'm a tad behind! My goal is to finish 2008 by September.