Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Letter

We've just returned from a wonderful, long vacation to Texas to visit Derrick's family. Our mail-lady delivered all of our mail from the past 10 days this afternoon, and the stack was full of Christmas letters and cards. As I read snippets from friends' lives, I felt like I had cheated myself by not writing a newsy Christmas letter. That normally is a great avenue to reflect on the year. So, here is my Christmas letter that I would have written.

Merry Christmas!

We have had a year full of blessings, the biggest being the birth of a baby girl, Amanda Christine on September 23. She has brought much joy (and pink) into our lives. Even though she is just three months old, I already cannot remember what life was like without her. The boys love their sister and have adjusted well to the new addition. They now share a bedroom and love their new lofted beds that Derrick made.

Both boys have grown and changed so much this year. Scott is 4 1/2 and is growing tall. I am schooling him at home this year and we are enjoying spending so much time together as a family. I love to see how he grasps new concepts. He is an inquisitive little boy with a great memory and loves "treasure hunting" with his Daddy. He is my child that is most likely to find a penny (or quarter!) on the ground.

Andrew is 2 1/2 and is full of energy. He is our little warrior. Everything he picks up (from a stick to a candy cane) becomes a sword. He told me today that he was holding a sword to "protect us from the robbers." He has a great imagination and can turn ordinary objects into amazing things. His food often becomes a "crane" or "airplane" or "truck". A few weeks ago, he introduced "Roger" into his conversation. Derrick and I wonder if that is his imaginary friend.

Derrick is still teaching fifth grade at the same school. I am so blessed to be able to stay at home with the kids and watch them change daily.

We hope all of you have a blessed 2009!

No comments: