Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I wish I were an octopus

The worst thing about having three sick children is that they all want to be in my arms. Seeing as God only gave me two arms, that means they have to take turns or simply be OK with sitting next to me. But, if I were a Mommy Octopus, I would have enough arms to go around and two extra to fix meals, switch laundry and post to my blog!

Since Amanda is the most portable, she stays in my arms the most. Scott isn't quite as needy right now, since he is the least sick. That leaves poor Andrew, who just sits and cries for me. It breaks my heart. How I love it when Derrick walks in the door and I can hand one off to him. Of course, tonight he started chopping the onions and celery for dinner, since I've found that's hard to do with one arm (Amanda in the other).

We went to the doctor today and Amanda has RSV and the boys have ear infections. Amanda and Andrew have been prescribed a nebulizer treatment for the uncertain future. That involves sitting with a face mask over your mouth and breathing. As much as I dislike the TV, I forsee many movies in the next week, as I bribe Andrew to sit still.

I'm signing off to take a hot bubble bath and rest for tomorrow.

No comments: