Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Random Thoughts

As we have tried to get back into the "swing" of things this week, I have a few random thoughts and phrases that have made me smile.

*When is the best time to mop the kitchen floor? Why, after Scott has helped me wash the dishes, of course! He loves to scrub, scrub, scrub every dish and often manages to splash lots of water on the floor. I love his help because I can dry and put away as he washes! Today, Andrew was also helping. He picked up the sponge and squeezed it right onto the floor. So tomorrow, I can eat food off of the floor in front of the sink with confidence!

*This evening, Andrew "stanked" Daddy. I didn't know "stank" was a verb, much less a word. Andrew had just taken his shoes off and Derrick commented on the fact that he had his dirty, stinky (or maybe stanky) feet on our bed. Andrew stuck his feet in Derrick's face and said "I stanked you Daddy!"

*Amanda, while not yet very funny, is terribly cute. She has consented to being put down during the day, as long as she is in the middle of the action. This afternoon, her bouncy seat was in the middle of the kitchen floor, as we all worked and played around her. We have all decided that she truly is a girl. I held up her new doll for her to look at today and she cooed and smiled so brightly. How can a three month old already have such preferences! She definitely does not coo when Scott races his lego trucks up her face!

I promise I will post pictures soon. I'm a little intiminated by the 300+ pictures I have on my camera right now from Christmas. We had a great time in Texas and I tried to document everything!

No comments: